- The applicant must be either:
- A daughter or son of an active member of one of the insurance organizations or sponsoring company or agency involved in the Albany I Day program.
- A daughter or son of a deceased member of one of the insurance organizations or sponsoring company or agency involved in the Albany I Day program.
- An applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum grade point average of 85 (B or 3.0) throughout high school
- Participate in extracurricular activities with particular consideration given to activities of a community service nature and
- Present acceptable demonstration of written expression in the form of an essay of approximately 500 words.
- Applications must be signed and postmarked by March 16th. The winner will be notified by April 18th.
- The scholarship will be payable to the student and the college or university after proof of enrollment in a college or university and the receipt of the last four digits of the winners social security number.
- The student is responsible for notifying the college or university of the award.
- The winner will become ineligible for the award if he/she fails to enroll in a college or university for the fall semester.
- There is no restriction on a student’s choice of college or university.
- The scholarship payment will be made only once to any recipient.